If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems, implement initiatives, and drive change, then a career at Ravix Group is right for you. Our Consultants combine their functional finance and/or HR expertise and project management capabilities with their unique individual skills and experiences in internal audit, compliance systems & other areas to help clients drive business change.
We are seeking self-motivated individuals who are dynamic thinkers and outstanding communicators who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and want to grow with Ravix Group. We focus on providing superior support to our clients. Our team members are bright, professional, enthusiastic, and able to quickly apply their skills to diverse situations to ensure all client needs are met.
We are currently looking for a part-time or full-time Technical Accountant to join our company.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 7 years technical accounting experience with corporate reporting and accounting issues related to technology companies. In this position, you would work independently, work remotely on certain projects and procedures, address financial reporting preparation, technical research issues, complex calculations for early to middle market companies, and frequently work with the external auditors of the companies as a liaison and to prepare necessary documentation. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Depending on the engagement, job responsibilities may include:
• External SEC reporting
• Assistance with preparation of books and records for Form S-1 filings
• Preparation of financial statements and footnotes
• Annual Audit preparation and management
• Preparation of stock compensation model
• Revenue recognition research and implementation
• Preparation of income tax provisions
• Determination of accounting for various types of derivatives
• Development of policies and procedures
• Financial planning & modeling
• CPA with Big 4 accounting experience – at least to the manager level
• Minimum of 7 years technical accounting experience with small / midsized companies through Big 4 clients or private experience
• SEC annual and quarterly financial reporting and Form S-1 preparation
• Supervision of filings related to IPOs
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office
• Ability to build solid working relationships with a wide variety of clients, their employees and vendors
• Excellent follow-up and problem solving skills
• High level of integrity
• Strong organizational and self-management skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Self-directed and driven, with a good sense of humor
• Comfortable working in and adapting to changing environments
• Eligible to work in the US
As a Ravix employee, not only do you get the independence of consulting and opportunity for work/life balance, but you’re also given the opportunity to work with the best and brightest in a supportive environment. Following are additional benefits for which you may be eligible:
• Medical, dental, vision
• Profit sharing
To learn more about us, go to www.ravixgroup.com.
Please send your resume, salary history, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following questions.
1. What qualities do you possess that would make you successful in this consulting position?
2. What experience(s) do you bring that would make you a successful Technical Accountant?
We like to say that working for Ravix is choosing a healthier lifestyle. Of course, that all depends on how hard you like to work! All of our employees have worked in regular full-time jobs previously, and have elected to join us for multiple reasons. Quite a few of our employees have embraced professional consulting as a long-term career and have stayed with us 5 to 10 years or more.
- Time Flexibility. Because our work is normally part-time for each client, our employees are able to flex their hours as needed. Some employees sign up for part-time and many for full-time. For people with small children, or who coach Little League or have other interests, part-time work can be the right solution.
- Variety. Also known as staving off boredom, having a variety of clients is challenging and fun. Our employees meet and become an integral part of several organizations. Let's face it. Accounting and HR can become pretty routine when you work for the same company. Professional consulting keeps you on your toes.
- Experience. In addition to the variety of client situations, our employees gain valuable knowledge and experience more quickly than when they stay with one employer over a period of time. At Ravix, employees are introduced to industries they have not worked with previously, and provided with multiple challenges resulting from the variety of client situations they deal with.
- Support. Unlike individual consultants, Ravix employees have an entire team to back them up. The client is charged more efficiently (appropriate person for certain services = appropriate pricing), and there are peers and technical staff to assist with special issues.
- Career Growth. Ravix employees gain valuable knowledge and experience over time, and pursue the same career path as in traditional organizations. Several of our current Principals started as Controllers within our organization, moved into Finance Director roles, and eventually earned the CFO/Principal designation.
- Employment. All persons working for Ravix on a permanent basis are considered employees and eligible for employee benefits that are competitive, and in some cases better, than many Silicon Valley companies.