If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems, implement initiatives, and drive change, then a career at Ravix Group is right for you. Our Consultants combine their functional finance expertise and project management capabilities with their unique individual skills and experiences in internal audit, compliance systems & other areas to help clients drive business change.
We are seeking self-motivated individuals who are dynamic thinkers and outstanding communicators who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and want to grow with Ravix Group. We focus on providing superior support to our clients. Our team members are bright, professional, enthusiastic, and able to quickly apply their skills to diverse situations to ensure all client needs are met.
The ideal candidate should have 4+ years relevant experience with a solid understanding of GAAP and the ability to multitask, prioritize, and work with a high level of attention to detail. In this position, you would work independently at multiple client locations under the direction of Ravix Controllers and / or CFO’s. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Accounts Payable processing including management of purchase orders
• Accounts Receivable processing including management of customer purchase orders, collections and revenue tracking
• Payroll processing and journal entry posting
• Maintain general ledger, monthly closing journal entries, and reconcile balance sheet accounts
• Inventory and fixed asset tracking
• Use tax accruals
• Vendor tracking, collection of W-9s, EDD reporting of consultants and issuance of 1099-Misc forms
• Cash management and reporting
• Assist with month end close, preparation of financial statements and other projects as needed
• Planning, scheduling, and organizing work independently with minimal supervision in order to complete tasks within designated timelines while balancing multiple client requests
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
• College Degree with some college accounting courses, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 4 years bookkeeping / accounting experience
• Highly proficient in QuickBooks, and experience with other accounting packages is a plus
• ADP and/or other payroll systems a plus
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office
• Ability to build solid working relationships with a wide variety of clients, their employees and vendors
• Excellent follow-up and problem solving skills
• High level of integrity
• Strong organizational and self-management skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Self-directed and driven, with a good sense of humor
• Comfortable working in and adapting to changing environments
• Eligible to work in the US
As a Ravix employee, not only do you get the independence of consulting, but you’re also given the opportunity to work with the best and brightest in a supportive environment. Following are additional benefits of joining our team:
• Medical, dental, vision
• Bonus program
• Profit sharing
• Work / life balance
To learn more about us, go to www.ravixgroup.com.
Please send your resume, salary history, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following question.
1. Why do you enjoy working in accounting and what qualities do you possess that will make you successful in this consulting position?
We like to say that working for Ravix is choosing a healthier lifestyle. Of course, that all depends on how hard you like to work! All of our employees have worked in regular full-time jobs previously, and have elected to join us for multiple reasons. Quite a few of our employees have embraced professional consulting as a long-term career and have stayed with us 5 to 10 years or more.
- Time Flexibility. Because our work is normally part-time for each client, our employees are able to flex their hours as needed. Some employees sign up for part-time and many for full-time. For people with small children, or who coach Little League or have other interests, part-time work can be the right solution.
- Variety. Also known as staving off boredom, having a variety of clients is challenging and fun. Our employees meet and become an integral part of several organizations. Let's face it. Accounting and HR can become pretty routine when you work for the same company. Professional consulting keeps you on your toes.
- Experience. In addition to the variety of client situations, our employees gain valuable knowledge and experience more quickly than when they stay with one employer over a period of time. At Ravix, employees are introduced to industries they have not worked with previously, and provided with multiple challenges resulting from the variety of client situations they deal with.
- Support. Unlike individual consultants, Ravix employees have an entire team to back them up. The client is charged more efficiently (appropriate person for certain services = appropriate pricing), and there are peers and technical staff to assist with special issues.
- Career Growth. Ravix employees gain valuable knowledge and experience over time, and pursue the same career path as in traditional organizations. Several of our current Principals started as Controllers within our organization, moved into Finance Director roles, and eventually earned the CFO/Principal designation.
- Employment. All persons working for Ravix on a permanent basis are considered employees and eligible for employee benefits that are competitive, and in some cases better, than many Silicon Valley companies.